Saturday, April 12, 2014

I just wanted to post a quick ... um, trackplan.  Not really much more than pretty colored lines in a notepad, but I don't have any other tools at this time to do much more.  The track that runs left to right out onto the extension is the UP (ex-SP) main. 



You can get a basic idea, though, of what I'm planning for phase one.  A few notes:
  • Not to scale!  lol
  • The disconnected track at the lower left - if installed - would represent a UP spur that was displaced by the interchange yard construction.  It would, in reality, be a way for me to have a warehouse along that left wall that might provide a view block for the mirror at the end of the yard as well as give me a place to park my BLMA reefer's that I'm not sure I'll need on this layout.
  • The crossing at the lower center would be what would greet people first entering the room.  I plan to utilize NJ International crossing signals and make it a scale width for a four lane road with a center island, similar to crossings in that area.
  • At the top right, the track that curves would lead to phase two on the adjacent wall. 
  • The UP (ex-M&P) spur will cross the SLTR just to the right of the road at the top center of the map.  It will be basically an Atlas code 55 90 deg crossing with the track running off the layout immediately to either direction. 
Not much else to say other than that.  Comments welcome. 

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment